Asbestos-Related Lung Disease and Pleural Mesothelioma Training Video Now Available
Lung Foundation Australia hosted and filmed an Asbestos-Related Lung Disease Workshop in Sydney in June 2015 which is now available online. This workshop aimed to inform and educate health professionals about best practice in the diagnosis, treatment and referral pathways of asbestos-related lung disease and quality care for those affected by an asbestos-related lung disease with a main focus on malignant pleural mesothelioma.
The workshop delivered 10 presentations, a panel discussion and a clinical hypothetical case.
- Health Professionals and Asbestos-Related Diseases Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma – Judy Rafferty
- Current Research in Mesothelioma and The Mesothelioma Registry – Dr Nico van Zandwijk
- The spectrum of asbestos-related lung and pleural disease – Dr Matthew Peters
- Mesothelioma Surgery – VAT Pleurodesis, EPP – Jocelyn McLean
- Mesothelioma Chemotherapy – Dr Anthony Linton
- Mesothelioma Radiotherapy – Dr Mo Mo Tin
- Integration of Supportive and Palliative Care Services into care- Symptom Management End of Life – Josh Cohen
- Mesothelioma Treatments Panel Discussion
- Psychosocial impact of an asbestos-related disease – Angela Kyttaridis
- Patient Affairs – will, power of attorney, enduring power and advanced care planning – Slater & Gordon
- Mesothelioma Entitlements and Compensation – Maurice Blackburn
- Clinical Hypothetical
Click here to watch this hospital-based health professional workshop.