Pneumonia Awareness Week
Lung Foundation Australia’s Pneumonia Awareness Week (7-13 May 2017) encourages all Australians, especially those considered at high risk, to Know Pneumonia, the symptoms and how to protect against this serious and potentially life-threatening lung infection. Find out if you are at risk.
During Pneumonia Awareness Week, Lung Foundation Australia will release the results of our Know Pneumonia Research, which has gathered insights into the level of understanding around the seriousness of pneumococcal pneumonia and vaccination rates in Australia.
The Pneumococcal vaccination is funded through the National Immunisation Program, and is available to:
- All Australians aged 65 years and over
- People with medical conditions such as diabetes, cancer or a chronic disease affecting the lungs, heart, kidney or liver
- Indigenous Australians aged 50 years and over
- Indigenous Australians aged 15 to 49 years who are medically at risk
- Infants aged 12 months or younger