Lung Foundation Australia talks to Health Professionals about Asbestos
Australia has one of the world’s highest rates of malignant pleural mesothelioma per capita, an asbestos-related lung disease, with numbers expected to rise between now and 2020.i
Lung Foundation Australia and the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency (ASEA) are hosting a series of free workshops for health professionals including GPs, nurses and allied health about asbestos risks and caring for those diagnosed with an asbestos related-lung disease.
The General Practice workshops will focus on providing information on recognising symptoms and aiding in early diagnosis of asbestos-related lung disease.
The health professional workshops will provide information for nurses and allied health professionals in the hospital setting about evidence-based treatment of asbestos-related lung disease including mesothelioma.
General Practice Workshops
- 23 April: Gold Coast Primary Care Workshop
- 24 April: Kalgoorlie Primary Care Workshop
- 30 April: Alice Springs Primary Care Workshop
- 13 May: Perth Primary Care Workshop
- 28 July: Darwin Primary Care Workshop
Other locations for the Primary Care Workshops are to be confirmed, please visit the events website page or phone Information and Support Centre 1800 654 301 for more information.
Health Professional Workshops
- 23 April: Kalgoorlie Health Professional Workshop
- 7 May: Toowoomba Health Professional Workshop
- 11 May: Melbourne Health Professional Workshop
- 21 May: Brisbane Health Professional Workshop
- 29 May: Alice Springs Health Professional Workshop
- 4 June: Darwin Health Professional Workshop
- 11 June: Albury/Wodonga Health Professional Workshop
- 19 June: Sydney Health Professional Workshop
- 25 June: Whyalla Health Professional workshop
 Better Health Channel, http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Mesothelioma