Lungs in Action training upgrade ensures best experience for users
Lungs in Action is Lung Foundation Australia’s community-based maintenance exercise program for people with stable chronic lung conditions who have completed a pulmonary rehabilitation program. It is also suitable for people with stable NYHA class II & III heart failure who have completed heart failure rehabilitation. Studies show that people who continue regular exercise are more likely to maintain the improvements gained from pulmonary rehabilitation. Unfortunately the benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation can decline over a 6 -12 month period on cessation of a supervised pulmonary program, unless a regular maintenance exercise program is completed.
Lung Foundation Australia’s Lungs in Action online training has recently been updated and moved to an exciting new platform in our continued quest to ensure the best learning experience for our users. The Lungs in Action Full Instructor Training program has been designed to provide accreditation for personal trainers, fitness instructors, exercise physiologists and physiotherapists.
What does the updated training mean for new trainees?
- An easy and user friendly platform that supports any level of computer experience
- Now also accessible on portable devices like tablets and smart phones
- Payment and enrolment are all online and automated through the Lung Foundation Australia shop which means trainees can start their training anytime, anywhere
- Easily downloadable supportive materials that can be saved and printed
- Automated certificate retrieval upon completion
- Access to training content for one year – even after completion modules can be reviewed
- The same comprehensive, evidence-based quality program developed and reviewed by our expert clinical committee
For more information about Lungs in Action visit www.lungsinaction.com.au or phone freecall 1800 654 301.