Abstract deadline extended for the 6th Australian Lung Cancer Conference
The deadline for abstracts for the 6th Australian Lung Cancer Conference (ALCC) has been extended to Wednesday, 4th May 2016. For information on topics and abstract submission forms, visit our website by clicking here. Successful applicants will be notified on Friday, 27th May 2016.
Travel grants are also available to those submitting an abstract and close on the same date as the abstract submissions. These include:
- $500 – national travel grants to support young investigators and/or first time presenters
- $2,000 – developing country travel grants will be available to support registration, flights, accommodation and a local mentorship program at a local institute of their choice. These are awarded to successful abstract authors and there are four opportunities available
For more information on travel grants click here.
Announcing international speakers
The ALCC Committee is excited to announce our first international speakers for this year’s conference. These include:
- Prof Andrea Bezjak,Radiation Oncologist from Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto
- Annie Law,Macmillan Acute Oncology Advanced Nurse Practitioner from Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester UK proudly supported by Maurice Blackburn Lawyers
- A/Prof Leora Horn,Medical Oncologist from Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Centre, Tennessee USA proudly supported by BMS
- A/Prof Robert Doebele,Medical Oncologist from University of Colorado, Denver USA proudly supported by Pfizer
Please check the website for regular updates as other international speakers are still being confirmed.
- Impact of lung cancer on the Australian community: highlighting the need for high quality and value care
- Pathology needs: the consequences and implementation
- Lung cancer screening debate: should we implement screening now?
- Precision medicines – Targeted therapies: Next generation
- SCLC and rare lung cancers
- Grand rounds: including SCLC PCI covering advanced disease/metastatic NSCLC
- Young investigator/fellow abstract orals
- ALTG master class for fellows
Click here view the preliminary program.
Reminder – Early bird registrations
Early bird registrations close on Friday, 24th June 2016. Registrations are strictly limited to 500 people and will be accepted on a first come, first served basis (per registration category/discipline). Please register early to avoid disappointment.
Invited speakers will be involved throughout the program alongside highly accredited national presenters.
- Deadline for Abstracts – 4th May 2016
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts – 27th May 2016
- Early bird registration closes – 24th June 2016
- Regular registrations close – 5th August 2016
- ALCC Conference – 18th-20th August 2016