Clinicians wanted for new national research committee
Call for Expressions of Interest
Membership of the “Healthy Lungs For Life” Collaborative Research Initiative Management Committee
The Chairs of the TSANZ and LFA Boards welcome expressions of interest for membership of the “Healthy Lungs for Life” Collaborative Research Initiative Management Committee.
This is a joint initiative of Lung Foundation Australia and the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand.
The collaborative research initiative has been established to increase investment in respiratory research in Australia. Both the Lung Foundation and the Thoracic Society have independent research programs and these will continue to operate.
The purpose of this joint program is to develop new opportunities to attract funding for respiratory research that will result in:
- increased research investment and support
- mutually agreed lung health research priorities
- an ongoing TSANZ-LFA collaboration that ensures best stewardship of this program.
There are two vacancies from each organisation on the Committee.
Two patient representatives will also be appointed by the Committee.
Expressions of interest from TSANZ members should be submitted to Tanya Buchanan at email@example.com.
Expressions of interest from LFA members should be submitted to Heather Allan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is anticipated that successful applicants will be appointed for a period of 3 years, with the opportunity to renew the appointment for a further 2 years.
The EOI should consist of a letter describing why you wish to be a member of this Committee and what you can contribute, a statement addressing the selection criteria (maximum 2 pages), plus a copy of your CV.
- Significant respiratory research track record and demonstrated success in obtaining research grants
- Understanding of the research environment with a good understanding of the broader research context and current gaps in respiratory research in Australia and globally
- Understanding of research funding including government, non-government organisations and philanthropic
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgement and problem solving with the ability to resolve and address issues as they arise
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated collaborative, negotiation and conflict resolution skills and proven ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Strong governance skills with excellent financial literacy and strategic planning experience
The deadline for submissions has been extended to Friday 29th January 2016. To download the attachment click here.
For more information please contact:
TSANZ: Tanya Buchanan 0431 381 713
LFA: Heather Allan 0435 581 070
Thank you for your interest.