Helping Australia Embrace Its Lung Health
With Lung Health Awareness Month (November) just around the corner, Lung Foundation Australia encourages everyone to take Just One Breath and celebrate the gift of breathing.
Lung health is vital and often overlooked by many Australians. We’re used to thinking about our heart, skin and breast health but our lungs are equally important.
In fact, one in seven Australians die because of lung disease every year, yet many of us continue to ignore the signs or symptoms of lung disease, often not doing anything about it for far too long.
- Some of the key dates and activities in November include:
- Shine a Light on lung cancer awareness events (November)
- International Lung Cancer awareness day (17 November)
- World COPD Day awareness walks and events (November)
- Asbestos Awareness Week (23-27 November)
To keep up-to-date with what is happening during Lung Health Awareness Month, please visit www.lungfoundation.com.au/events.