Do you have spare office space in Sydney?
Are you interested in partnering with an important national charity?
Lung Foundation Australia is seeking premises in Sydney to house 4-5 Sydney-based staff. Ideally, we will find a corporate partner interested in donating some extra space they have, even if for a limited time. Lung Foundation Australia is endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a deductible gift recipient (DGR) and is registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission. Subject to independent tax advice that might be sought, there may be some significant tax benefits attached to supporting the Lung Foundation in this way.
What are we looking for?
- Approximately 100 – 150 m2
- Access to meeting room and kitchen facilities
- We are flexible in terms of location, but close to public transport would be ideal
- Lung Foundation can be flexible and prepared to move on short notice if required
What are the benefits of partnering with Lung Foundation Australia?
- We will work with our corporate partner to achieve the best possible outcome for the corporate partner
- In-kind Partnership recognition
- Partner will be invited to utilise Lung Foundation logo to promote the partnership in corporate and other materials
- Invitations to attend exclusive Lung Foundation events
- Through your support of Lung Foundation, you will be supporting your employees and customers, 1 in 4 of whom will be affected by lung disease
Who is Lung Foundation Australia?
Lung Foundation Australia is the only national charity supporting anyone with a lung disease. Our mission is to reduce the impact of lung disease in Australia by:
- promoting lung health
- promoting timely diagnosis of lung disease
- supporting those with lung disease and their carers
- promoting equitable access to evidence-based care
- driving research
We are a Brisbane-based organisation with a small staff complement in Sydney.
What is the impact of lung disease in Australia and why should I help?
- 1 in 4 Australians is affected by poor lung health
- Lung disease contributes to over 10% of overall health burden in Australia
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) affects 1 in 7 people over 40
- Lung Cancer is the biggest cancer killer in Australia, killing more people than breast, ovarian and prostate combined
- There are over 30 lung diseases that can affect children
- Respiratory infections are a major health burden leading to school, work and productivity loss
- Community research conducted by Lung Foundation Australia has shown that Australians demonstrate little empathy to those with lung disease due to the perceived link with smoking
Anyone can get lung disease
Lung disease doesn’t discriminate. It affects Australians from all walks of life. Sometimes the faces of lung disease are not what you expect.
If you think you can help, contact:
Chief Executive, Lung Foundation Australia
M: 0435 581 070 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraising Manager, Lung Foundation Australia
M: 0400 996 876 E: email@example.com