Patient representatives wanted for national research committee
Call for Expressions of Interest from Consumers
Membership of the “Healthy Lungs For Life” Collaborative Research Initiative Management Committee
The Chairs of the TSANZ and LFA Boards welcome expressions of interest for membership of the “Healthy Lungs for Life” Collaborative Research Initiative Management Committee.This is a joint initiative of Lung Foundation Australia and the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand.
The collaborative research initiative has been established to increase investment in respiratory and thoracic research in Australia. Both the Lung Foundation and the Thoracic Society have independent research programs and these will continue to operate.
The purpose of this joint program is to develop new opportunities to attract funding for respiratory and thoracic research that will result in:
- increased research investment and support
- mutually agreed lung health research priorities
- an ongoing TSANZ-LFA collaboration that ensures best stewardship of this program.
There are two vacancies for patient representatives to be appointed by the Committee.
Expressions of interest should be submitted to Heather Allan at email@example.com
It is anticipated that successful applicants will be appointed for a period of 3 years, with the opportunity to renew the appointment for a further 2 years.
The EOI should consist of a letter describing why you wish to be a member of this Committee and what you can contribute, a statement addressing the selection criteria (maximum 2 pages), plus a copy of your CV.
- Ability to represent the voice of all consumers
- Understanding of the research environment funding environment, including government, non-government organisations and philanthropic
- Proven ability to exercise independent judgement and problem solving with the ability to resolve and address issues as they arise
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated collaborative, negotiation and conflict resolution skills and proven ability to use tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Strong governance skills with financial literacy
The deadline for submissions has been extended to Friday 29th January 2016. To download the attachment click here.
For more information please contact 1800 654 301.
Thank you for your interest.