The last few months have been a time of great change at Lung Foundation Australia with a number of new recruitments and two long-standing members of staff moving on to new pastures.
Lung Foundation Australia extends a warm welcome to the following staff:
- Ashleigh Ricardo, Information and Support Centre Admin Support Officer. Ashleigh’s appointment complements the existing Information and Support Centre team and she will be available five days a week to assist with answering enquiries received via the 1800 number.
- Claire Mulvihill, Lung Cancer Support Nurse
- Rosalind Wilson, Research Program Development Manager – Lung Cancer
- Todd Robinson, Program Manager COPD – Lungs in Action and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Corinne French, Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Lungs in Action Mentor
- Diane Barton, COPD Marketing and Communications Coordinator
At the end of August, Lung Foundation Australia will sadly say farewell to Elizabeth Harper, Director COPD National Program. Liz joined the Lung Foundation in 2008 in the role of Program Manager Lungs in Action and was instrumental in establishing the program and laying the foundation for its continuing successful growth and development. Liz took over as Director of the COPD National Program in 2012 and has worked tirelessly to develop the program and ensure its strength as one of the key project areas within the Lung Foundation. Liz will be taking a break to focus on her family and we wish her all the best and thank her for her commitment and hard work over the last seven years.
In July, we said goodbye to Sydney-based, Jenny Fitzgerald, Corporate Communications Manager who is moving on to an exciting new patient advocacy role in the pharmaceutical industry. During her time with the Lung Foundation, Jenny has facilitated important relationships in Canberra, organised Parliamentary Friends events, and been instrumental in establishing a new corporate partnership program. We wish Jenny every success in her new job and for her future career.
On 23 May, Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Lungs in Action Program Manager Emma Gainer and her husband Stephen welcomed their daughter Amelia Neve into the world. Emma and Stephen are both very excited about their new arrival and staff are looking forward to a visit from them soon.