In honour of World COPD Day, we look forward to presenting this webinar with our mixed panel of both patients and health professionals to answer questions from the community. Our patient representatives will be sharing their experiences in living well with their COPD symptoms, and our health professional representatives will provide expert guidance and advice on what you can do to best self-manage your COPD, and what help is available for patients.
You will have the opportunity to submit questions to the speakers upon registration and during the live session.
Meet our panellists:
Amanda Curran, QLD
- Lung Foundation Australia’s skilled Senior Respiratory Care Nurse, Amanda, is an expert in the field with over 34 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse. Amanda has been providing evidence-based guidance for people living with COPD over a number of years now. She is passionate about connecting people with the information, education, resources and support they need to live well with their lung condition.
Professor Jenny Alison, NSW
- Professor Jennifer Alison is a Professor of Respiratory Physiotherapy, University of Sydney and Professor of Allied Health, Sydney Local Health District (SLHD). With an interest in improving outcomes for people living with chronic lung conditions, Jenny’s research is all about the patient. She has special interests in the translation of research evidence into clinical practice, especially the provision of pulmonary rehabilitation in rural and remote areas and with Aboriginal communities.
Cathy Bowlay, WA
- Cathy has been living with COPD since August 2019 after being misdiagnosed with Asthma for 8 years prior. She is a passionate advocate for COPD and is an active member of LFA’s Chronic Lung Disease Consumer Advisory Committee. Cathy is a financial controller and really enjoys working with small businesses. She also loves spending time with her 5 granddaughters and her 3-year-old border collie Cami.
Linda Baumann, QLD
- Linda has been living with COPD for a few years now. She lives on Gold Coast with her daughter and her lovely family. Linda is a country girl by heart and a big animal lover, as she lived in Lockyer Valley for many years.
Anne Marie McVeigh, VIC (host)
- Anne Marie has been living with COPD since 2021. She works as a counsellor four days a week and loves spending time with her family, friends and pets in her spare time. Anne also enjoys going for walks, reading and traveling.
When: Wednesday, 15 November 2023
Time: 12PM (QLD), 1PM (NSW, VIC, TAS, ACT), 12:30PM (NT, SA), 10AM (WA)
Lung Foundation Australia’s World COPD Day 2023 initiatives are supported by: