Changing the future and giving hope for a cure
With outcomes now captured via the ResearchFish platform, our Research Program aspires to:
- Provide much needed funding opportunities for early and mid-career researchers to undertake lung-focused research
- Achieve a deeper understanding of the cause, prevalence and impact of a wide variety of lung conditions, including lung cancer
- Support the discovery and translation of new diagnostic and treatment approaches to the bedside
- Grow research partnerships across government, non-government and industry, to bring together the knowledge, skills and resources necessary to advance lung health science, prevention and management
- Improve health and wellbeing outcomes for patients.
Research Grants and Awards Program
In collaboration with the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ), Lung Foundation Australia delivers a competitive and peer-reviewed Grants and Awards Program to support Australia’s best and brightest early and mid-career researchers. Through seed funding, we aspire to elevate innovative research projects in a broad range of disciplines and research priorities and with the greatest potential to produce better outcomes and transform lives.
Regular funding opportunities include fellowships, PhD scholarships, project grants and grants-in-aid. There are also a number of travel grants offered to respiratory and lung cancer conferences each year which allow researchers to collaborate and showcase their work nationally and internationally.
Awards Program Funding Model
Our Research Grants & Awards Program would not exist without the collaboration and support of the community and a number of industry and private partners.
Over the past 30 years, Lung Foundation has raised and investment over $40 million to support advances in lung disease and lung cancer research. This includes 31 clinical trials in pulmonary fibrosis and lung cancer, and over 260 research grants for Australian lung health researchers.
Research Support and Endorsement
Transformative change in lung health cannot be achieved without collaboration. Through our research program, we support research leaders in their quest to secure competitive grants where research objectives are lung-focused and align to recommendation areas in the National Strategic Action Plan for Lung Conditions and/or Making Lung Cancer a Fair Fight: A BluePrint for Reform.
If you would like to present your research to Lung Foundation Australia for support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the latest Lung Foundation Australia news
Stay up to date with the latest information, news, services and events by signing up to our database.