This 1 – 2 hour course provides an overview of screening for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) risk, identifying a person at risk of COPD using a screening device, and how to confirm a diagnosis with spirometry.
By the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- Discuss who is at risk of COPD and identify issues surrounding misdiagnosis/under-diagnosis
- Outline the steps involved in delivering a COPD targeted case finding activity
- Interpret results from a test using a COPD screening device and recognise those people that you would recommend for a spirometry test
- Outline the measures collected during a spirometry test and identify how a diagnosis of COPD is confirmed
- List the common problems in performing spirometry.