This 1 – 2 hour module provides an overview of correct inhaler device technique for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) inhalers, and the common errors identified with each device.
By the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Outline the range of inhaler devices and spacers available for patients with COPD
- Demonstrate the correct technique for use of inhalers and spacers
- Explain how to care for inhaler devices and spacers
- Describe the benefits of using a pressurised metered dose inhaler (pMDI) and spacer compared to a nebuliser
- Use resources to check inhaler technique and support patients in correct use.