This 1 – 2 hour course provides an overview of the benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation and physical activity for patients with COPD. It also covers the recommended structure of pulmonary rehabilitation programs and provides access to supporting resources.
By the end of this module, participants will be able to:
- Outline the benefits of physical activity for patients with COPD
- Identify recommended guidelines for physical activity
- Describe the benefits of pulmonary rehabilitation
- Outline what is involved in a pulmonary rehabilitation program
- Identify evidence-based resources used to establish a pulmonary rehabilitation program and support self-management.