What are the Consumer Committees?
The committees may be asked to provide advice on a variety of issues and topics across the areas of information, support, research, advocacy and community awareness. Responsibilities include:
- To provide Lung Foundation Australia advice on lived experience with lung disease and lung cancer including the pressure points and impacts across the consumer journey.
- To advise and provide feedback on information, resources, campaigns and marketing activities used by Lung Foundation Australia to raise awareness of the prevalence, burden and consequences of lung disease and lung cancer.
- To review and be involved in the design, planning, implementation and maintenance of services and information resources.
- To identify and prioritise areas requiring advocacy and fundraising.
- To develop annual work plans to guide activity.
To represent the many disease areas we cover, Lung Foundation Australia has five consumer committees:
- Chronic Lung Disease Consumer Advisory Committee – representing COPD and Chronic Lung Conditions
- Lung Cancer Consumer Advisory Committee
- Rare Lung Disease Consumer Advisory Committee – representing Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD), Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF), Pulmonary Fibrosis (PF) and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH).
- Young Lungs Consumer Advisory Committee
- Bronchiectasis Consumer Advisory Committee
What is expected of a Lung Foundation Australia Committee Member?
Members of the consumer committees represent of all those impacted by lung disease and lung cancer, including patients, family, carers and friends from across Australia.
Lung Foundation Australia seek individuals with a thorough understanding of their disease area, are passionate about Lung Foundation Australia’s mission and objectives, and who are open, honest and accountable.
Members receive formal inductions from Lung Foundation Australia at the start of their two-year tenure and are expected to attend 2-4 committee meetings per calendar year, held by video conference.
The role of a member is voluntary, and Lung Foundation Australia covers all reasonable travel and accommodation expenses related directly to any in-person official activities.
Meet the Consumer Advisory Committee Members
Chronic Lung Disease Consumer Advisory Committee
Representing Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Chronic Lung Conditions
Chair: Caroline Polak Scowcroft
- Rebecca Bell
- Ken Bottrell
- Clayton Dyer
- Julie Hays
- Kaye Powell
- John Ruttle
- Catharina Koene
Lung Cancer Consumer Advisory Committee
Chair: Lorraine Tyler
Deputy Chair: Tom Wood
- Joanne Bladwell
- Lisa Briggs
- Marilyn Finn
- Wendy Deutscher
- Jorge Brandao
- Natasha Paul
- Georgia Smith
Young Lungs Advisory Committee
- Natalie Crerar
- Liz Vuletich
- Susanna Walker
Rare Lung Disease Consumer Advisory Committee
Representing Interstitial Lung Disease, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis, Pulmonary Fibrosis and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Deputy Chair: Bill Van Nierop
- Maureen Bell
- Linda Caddy
- Lorraine Chandler
- Kylie Corkery
- Robyn Doyle
- Philippa Ellis
- John Price
- Sandra Richards
- Richard Moodie
Bronchiectasis Consumer Advisory Committee
Chair: Michelle Stoneman
Deputy Chair: Sharon McInerney
- Rhys Constable
- Lindsey Dyason
- Anne Jurisevic
- Grant Raja Ratnam
- Emma Reeves
- Anna Regan
- Marie-Antoinette Rogers
- Joan Whyte
- Anne Juris