The Cough in Children and Adults: Diganosis, Assessment and Management (CICADA) is an updated Australia position statement on cough management in the clinical consultation. This update was undertaken from March 2021 – June 2022 by the CICADA Expert Committee. This position statement covers:
- Overview of chronic cough – introduction, prevalence, risk factors, neurophysiology and prevention
- Addressing chornic cough in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Australia
- Identification, diagnosis and assessment, and management of chronic cough in children
- Classification, diagnosis and assessment, and management of chronic cough in adults
- Management algorithms for use in paediatric and adult chronic cough.