What do we mean by consumer engagement?
Lung Foundation Australia is committed to enhancing our partnerships with consumers, carers and families so that they are at the heart of everything we do. Our work is centred on the needs of those living with lung disease, and underpinned by the values of compassion, courage, respect and collaboration.
As we head into 2020 we will begin planning for our new corporate strategy. As part of this process we are developing a Consumer Engagement Strategy which will demonstrate how you can actively partner with us in the planning, implementation and improvement of our services. This includes a range of options so that consumers can decide when and how they want to be involved.
What could this look like?
- Consumers will be able to engage with Lung Foundation Australia in a way that suits them.
- A wide range of consumers can meaningfully engage with Lung Foundation Australia.
- Consumer, carers and their family will be listened to and their story and lived experience of lung disease will be met with respect and dignity.
- Consumers will provide advice for Lung Foundation Australia, and be involved in the design, planning, implementation and review of services, resources and campaigns.
- Consumers may choose to move into a formal role within the governance structure of Lung Foundation Australia. Training will be available for consumers, carers and family members to meet requirements of a particular role.
Consumer Engagement Survey Results
The Consumer Engagement Survey is now closed. We were pleased to receive a total of 348 responses, which represents a 16% response rate. Thank you to everyone who completed the survey, we greatly value your feedback.
Top five responses in each category for the question, in terms of your connection with Lung Foundation Australia;
What gives you hope?
- New treatments and medications
- Support from Lung Foundation Australia.
What frustrates you?
- Loss of ability and symptoms
- Lack of information
- Doctors availability and knowledge.
What are your expectations?
- To live the best life
- Quality Information
- New treatment updates
- Advocacy and awareness
- Slow disease progression.
The following graph summarises the partnership options that appeal to the respondents.
The results of the survey will help to shape the Consumer Engagement Strategy and partnership opportunities. This process is already underway and we have provided an update on the key activities.
Listen and engage:
- Consumer Engagement Survey
- Disease specific visioning workshops.
- Survey results uploaded onto website
- Draft of Consumer Engagement Strategy will be circulated to Lung Foundation Australia consumer committees for comments
- Consumer consultative committees will be revised and expression of interest to participate in these committees will be coming soon.
- Inaugural Consumer Council established
- Consumer Engagement Strategy adopted and overseen by Consumer Council
If you are interested in further discussion on consumer engagement please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the latest Lung Foundation Australia news
Stay up to date with the latest information, news, services and events by signing up to our database.