Not sure where to start with planning your fundraiser?
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Do something active: Run, swim, cycle, lift, climb, or play your favourite sport or a gaming challenge
- Hold an event: Host a barbie, morning tea, lunch or trivia night.
- Do something with your hair: Cut it, style it, colour it or shave it
- Do yourself some good: Give up alcohol, smoking, or chocolate, or something else you love.
- Host a girl’s night in: Get the girls together for a fun night in.
- Hold a sale: Create and hold your own garage sale, auction or raffle.
- Do donations instead of gifts. On your special occasion, ask for donations instead.
Fundraising can seem like an impossible task sometimes but most people are often surprised at how generous their community is.
Here are our top tips to kick off your fundraising efforts:
Promote your selfie
Tell your personal story
Shoot for a target
Don't forget about email
Update your page
It's not over 'til it's over
Our flagship fundraising campaigns
Shine a Light
Shine a Light is a community driven campaign that was started by a family in 2011 to raise vital funds for research into lung cancer. Now in its 10th year, Shine a Light has grown into a nationwide event, with people all over Australia getting involved. Events can be held throughout the year but many members of the community choose to hold theirs in November during Lung Cancer Awareness Month. Research offers hope and your support helps keep hope alive for the 13,250 Australians living with lung cancer. Together, we can help shine a light on lung cancer and fund ground-breaking research.
To meet our community, register or find out about the impact of Shine a Light please visit: https://shinealight.lungfoundation.com.au/about/
Challenge 30 is a fun-loving campaign held in March to celebrate Lung Foundation Australia’s 30th Anniversary. Born in the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic challenge 30 is a virtual event that challenges participants to take on a challenge involving the 3, 30 or 300 in 300 hours! Some participants choose a physical challenge like 300 sit ups or running 30km, others get creative taking on challenges like creating 30 new recipes or performing 30 acts of kindness.
To jump in and get involved visit https://lungchallenge.com.au/
Facebook fundraising is a fun and easy way to get involved. If you’re holding a Facebook fundraiser we would love to hear from you! Please let us know your details so we can offer you support and appreciation for your incredible effort, email: Supporters@lungfoundation.com.au
Any fundraising done through Facebook can take up to 90 days to receive.