This course provides an overview of recognised interventions to reduce the risk of deterioration in COPD patients.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the risks of smoking and benefits of stopping
- Outline effective interventions for smoking cessation such as counselling and pharmacotherapy
- Describe the benefits of immunisation for a patient with COPD
- Explain who benefits from home oxygen and how the need for oxygen therapy is assessed and monitored
- Identify the different equipment options available to patients prescribed home oxygen.