This is an interactive 6 – 8 hour online training program designed to increase the knowledge and confidence of health professionals in the delivery of evidence-based, best practice pulmonary rehabilitation.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the requirements for establishing a pulmonary rehabilitation program
- Describe the necessary patient assessments used in pulmonary rehabilitation programs
- Recognise the importance of exercise training in the treatment of chronic lung disease
- Understand the principles of incorporating exercise into a pulmonary rehabilitation
Modules provided in this training course include:
- Establishing a pulmonary rehabilitation program
- The respiratory system and COPD
- Comprehensive patient assessment
- Patient assessment – Spirometry
- Patient assessment – Assessing exercise capacity
- Patient Assessment – Quality of life
- Exercise training
- Patient education
- Program evaluation and troubleshooting.
Continuing Professional Development
The ESSA Professional Development Committee certifies that this Professional Development offering meets the criteria for 5.5 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Points.