This short course has been designed by pharmacists for pharmacists. It aims to increase skills and knowledge in the identification and management of patients with COPD.
By the end of this course pharmacists will be able to:
- Educate patients on evidence-based management of COPD and motivate them to engage in self-management practices.
- Optimise use of medicines including inhaler device technique for COPD.
- Implement a COPD case finding (risk assessment and screening) service in the pharmacy setting.
- Work effectively with other members of the multidisciplinary health care team for patients with COPD.
Modules included in this short course:
- The role of the pharmacist in the management of COPD
- COPD medicines
- Inhaler device technique
- COPD screening in community pharmacy
Continuing Professional Development
Pharmacists may wish to self-assess whether this activity is suitable for recording as continuing professional development in their CPD record. Guidance on self-recording CPD activities can be found on the Pharmacy Board of Australia website