In late 2012 Lung Foundation Australia received a funding grant from the Department of Health to implement a self-management project for those affected by lung disease into our services. This project included the development of a 10 part educational DVD series for patients and carers. The DVD series is called Better Living with Your Lung Disease. All ten topics have a self-management focus, with an objective to increase the knowledge and confidence of people living with lung disease to enable them to better manage their condition, its symptoms and their overall wellbeing. You can view the DVDs below by topic; these are also available to order as a set of 10, or on a single disc.
1. Managing your lung disease 2. How do your lungs work?
3. Managing your breathlessness 4. Managing treatment options
5. Questions you can ask your health professional? 6. Who is your healthcare team?
7. Managing your fatigue and energy conservation 8. Tips for looking after yourself and your disease
9. Benefits of physical activity programs & ongoing
support 10. Supportive care and end of life issues
To order one or more DVDs, please call 1800 654 301 or visit our online shop to purchase.
Self Management Support
Lung Foundation Australia has produced a new self-management support resource for health professionals – Better Living with Your Lung Disease Health Professional’s Kit. For more information on this kit visit our clinical resources page or online shop.
The Lung Foundation Australia – Chronic Lung Disease Self-Management project is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Chronic Disease Prevention and Service Improvement Fund.