Why work with Lung Foundation Australia
A career with Lung Foundation Australia provides the opportunity to be part of a dedicated, experienced and friendly group of people who are passionate about making an impact for people of all ages with a lung disease, and their families, at every stage of the journey. Whether you’re working directly with people living with a lung disease, or are in a vital office role, as a Lung Foundation Australia employee you will grow both personally and professionally. A career with Lung Foundation Australia can offer you rewarding experiences, opportunities for advancement and the chance to make a difference in the lives of Australians living with or impacted by lung disease. We have an innovative and friendly culture that is guided by our values: evidence-based, patient centered, compassion, respect, collaboration. Lung Foundation Australia ensures our employees are well supported, acknowledged and remunerated through:
- Salary packaging, which can add up to $15,900 in tax-free pay per year
- Paid study, maternity and paternity leave
- An Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
- Access to internal and external training and professional development opportunities and workplace mentoring
- Workplace flexibility and balance including opportunities to work from home, job share for roles, and flexible working hours to accommodate family
- Half yearly awards that recognise service, innovation and a commitment to living our values.
Recruitment process – what’s next?
Before applying for a role at Lung Foundation Australia, we encourage you to read our website to learn more about the organisation to ensure our values and culture are a good fit for you. Our job advertisements contain a detailed position and selection criteria. We advise you to provide the following when making an application:
- A one-page letter of introduction
- A tailored resume; and
- A statement (no more than three-pages) addressing the selection criteria (Skills, experience and qualifications)
What happens after you’ve submitted your job application?
- Your application is reviewed by the relevant contact person
- A preliminary Skype interview may be held to assist with shortlisting
- If shortlisted, you will be asked to attend a face-to-face interview
- Referee and background checks will be contacted if you are a preferred applicant
- If successful an Offer of Employment will be provided to you.