Why work with Lung Foundation Australia
A career with Lung Foundation Australia provides the opportunity to be part of a dedicated, experienced and friendly group of people who are passionate about making an impact for people of all ages with a lung disease, and their families, at every stage of the journey. Whether you’re working directly with people living with a lung disease, or are in a vital office role, as a Lung Foundation Australia employee you will grow both personally and professionally. A career with Lung Foundation Australia can offer you rewarding experiences, opportunities for advancement and the chance to make a difference in the lives of Australians living with or impacted by lung disease. We have an innovative and friendly culture that is guided by our values: evidence-based, patient centered, compassion, respect, collaboration. Lung Foundation Australia ensures our employees are well supported, acknowledged and remunerated through:
- Salary packaging, which can add up to $15,900 in tax-free pay per year
- Paid study, maternity and paternity leave
- An Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service
- Access to internal and external training and professional development opportunities and workplace mentoring
- Workplace flexibility and balance including opportunities to work from home, job share for roles, and flexible working hours to accommodate family
- Half yearly awards that recognise service, innovation and a commitment to living our values.
Recruitment process – what’s next?
Before applying for a role at Lung Foundation Australia, we encourage you to read our website to learn more about the organisation to ensure our values and culture are a good fit for you. Our job advertisements contain a detailed position and selection criteria. We advise you to provide the following when making an application:
- A one-page letter of introduction
- A tailored resume; and
- A statement (no more than three-pages) addressing the selection criteria (Skills, experience and qualifications)
What happens after you’ve submitted your job application?
- Your application is reviewed by the relevant contact person
- A preliminary Skype interview may be held to assist with shortlisting
- If shortlisted, you will be asked to attend a face-to-face interview
- Referee and background checks will be contacted if you are a preferred applicant
- If successful an Offer of Employment will be provided to you.
Senior Manager Fundraising
Lung Foundation Australia now has an opportunity for a permanent, full-time Senior Manager of Fundraising to join their dedicated Fundraising team in Sydney. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Senior Manager Fundraising will lead a team of dedicated fundraising professionals to execute a high-level strategy of revenue generating outcomes. The Senior Manager Fundraising will work closely and collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications team to embed the organisation’s brand within an established suite of fundraising programs.
Specific responsibilities of the role are outlined below:
- Lead and monitor the organisation’s fundraising portfolio of major gifts, appeals, donor relations and communications, bequests, gifts in memoriam, regular and workplace giving, community fundraising and events.
- Design, develop and evaluate the organisation’s fundraising strategy for all programs, campaigns and activities in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications team
- Provide exemplary leadership and empowerment to a team of dedicated fundraising professionals with an emphasis on teamwork and high performance.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective key corporate partners, members and donors, third party suppliers and relevant agencies.
- Reporting functions for current fundraising and communications activity to the CEO and Board, and participate in the development of the strategic framework and annual planning processes.
- Represent the organisation as a lead brand ambassador at third party events and speaking engagements.
To find out more, please click here.