Current & Upcoming Research Opportunities
Before applying for a Lung Foundation Australia Research Grant please read our Research Grants & Awards Policy here.
|Grant Name||Target Area||Award||Applications Open||Applications Close||More Information|
|PACT Grant-in-Aid for Investigator Led Pulmonary Fibrosis Clinical Research||Pulmonary Fibrosis||$30,000 over 12 months||15/12/2020||14/02/2021||Apply now.
|Lung Foundation Australia - Cassy Morris Grant in Aid||Lung cancer||$10,000 over 12 months||4/02/2021||5/03/2021||Apply now.
|Lung Foundation Australia – Carolyn Riordan Grant in Aid||Lung cancer||$10,000 over 12 months||4/02/2021||5/03/2021||Apply now.
|Lung Foundation Australia - Evangeline Lim Grant in Aid||Lung cancer||$10,000 over 12 months||4/02/2021||5/03/2021||Apply now.
|Lung Foundation Australia - John Farrell Fellowship||COPD||$75,000||Opening May 2021||n/a||Coming soon.|
|Lung Foundation Australia - Andrew Harrison Fellowship||Bronchiectasis||$75,000||Opening May 2021||n/a||Coming soon.|
External Research Opportunities
National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Investigator Grants 2021
The objective of the NHMRC’s Investigator Grant scheme is to support the research program of outstanding investigators at all career stages. It consolidates salary and research support into a single grant scheme by offering a salary component (if required) and a research support package.
The intended outcomes of the Investigator Grant scheme are:
- flexibility for investigators to pursue important new research directions as they arise and to form collaborations as needed
- innovative and creative research
- opportunities for researchers at all career stages to establish their own research programs
- reduced application and peer review burden on researchers.
The Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand has the following awards open to application.
- TSANZ Rob Pierce Grant-in-Aid for Indigenous Lung Health – closing 24 February 2021