This webinar, delivered in partnership with Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACCRM), funded by the Murray Primary Health Network (PHN) explores Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) medicines in Australia, and provides recommendations for use in different patient groups and across the COPD disease continuum (as per the COPD-X Guidelines). Presenters include Professor Christine McDonald (Respiratory Physician and Chair of the LFA COPD Coordinating Committee), and Mary Roberts, Clinical Nurse Consultant and member of the LFA COPD Nurse Committee.
By the end of this webinar participants will be able to:
- Describe classes of medicines for the management of COPD
- Outline recommendations for the introduction of medicines as COPD increases in disease severity
- Review and correct inhaler device technique
- Identify potential problems in using respiratory inhaler devices
- Incorporate inhaler device technique education into patient reviews.
To view this Webinar:
- Visit our online training platform by clicking ‘Complete training’ on the left-hand side of this page
- Select the ‘add to cart’ option on the left-hand side
- Select the ‘proceed to cart’ option on the right-hand side
- You will then be prompted to either login or create an account
- Select ‘Checkout’ on the right-hand side. Please note, no coupon code is required to enroll in this course.
- Select ‘Go to dashboard’. You may be prompted to update your details, click continue and the training course will appear in your dashboard.
- Click ‘Start’ to view the webinar.