1 in 3 Australians are affected by lung disease or lung cancer and many more are now facing the long-term impacts of COVID-19. Now is the time to invest in lung health. Because strong lung health means a strong Australia.
Our 2022 Election Priorities document outlines the key lung health priorities that Lung Foundation Australia will be advocating for.
Lung Foundation Australia is calling on the Australian Government to invest in:
- More lung cancer nurses who provide life-changing support to families impacted by our nation’s most deadly cancer. There are just 12 nurses to support the 20,000 people living with this disease.
- A lung cancer screening program that will change terminal to treatable and save 12,000 lives over the next 10 years.
- Tackling tobacco and e-cigarettes to protect young Australians against the dangers of vaping.
- Long–COVID support to help the hundreds of thousands of Australians who may face long-term health impacts.
- Lung disease research to find better treatments and give hope for a cure for all Australians living with lung disease or lung cancer.
- Clean air to protect our lung health against poor air quality and occupational exposure.