This document provides a comprehensive account of current Australian activities in lung diseases. The lung diseases encompassed in this stocktake include asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), bronchiectasis, Interstitial Lung Disease, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Cystic Fibrosis, lung cancer, Occupational Lung Disease, Obstructive Sleep Apnoea and tuberculosis.
The report provides a summary of the identified activities, collated under the five broad priority areas outlined in the Draft Framework for the National Strategic Action Plan for Lung Health:
- Preventing lung conditions
- Increasing awareness and reducing stigma
- Empowering people to take an active role in their health
- Promoting equitable access to evidence-based care
- Addressing the knowledge gaps.
For further information about our role in advocacy visit our website here.