Asbestos Related Lung Disease Workshop
Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma and Asbestos Related Lung Disease Health Professional Workshop
Sydney 19 June 2015
Lung Foundation Australia has been running a national asbestos safety and awareness project focusing on educating primary care and hospital based health professionals on asbestos and the diagnosis, management, treatments and referral pathways for asbestos related lung disease.
This national program for health professionals raises awareness of potential asbestos risks and provides relevant links to available local, state and national asbestos-related resources.
Please see video links below to watch the hospital based health professional workshop held in Sydney on in June 2015. This workshop aimed to inform and educate health professionals about best practice in the diagnosis and treatment of asbestos-related lung disease and quality care for those affected by asbestos-related lung disease.
2. Health Professionals & Asbestos Related Diseases Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma – Judy Rafferty
3. Current Research in Mesothelioma & The Mesothelioma Registry – Dr Nico van Zandwijk
4. The spectrum of asbestos-related lung and pleural disease – Dr Matthew Peters
5. Mesothelioma Surgery – VAT Pleurodesis, EPP – Jocelyn McLean
6. Mesothelioma Chemotherapy – Dr Anthony Linton
7. Mesothelioma Radiotherapy – Dr Mo Mo Tin
8. Integration of Supportive & Palliative Care Services into care- Symptom Management End of Life – Josh Cohen
9. Mesothelioma Treatments Panel Discussion
10. Psychosocial impact of an asbestos related disease – Angela Kyttaridis
11. Patient Affairs – will, power of attorney, enduring power & advanced care planning – Slater & Gordon
12. Mesothelioma Entitlements & Compensation – Maurice Blackburn
13. Clinical Hypothetical